Specialised bolt assembly machine : bolting of cylinder head covers
Automated bolting machine for the assembly of cylinder head covers for the vehicle industry.This bolting station was implemented on a manufacturing line and needed to conform to the productivity and quality requirements stipulated by the constructor.
Requirement / Assembly and control of the operation.Automated bolting of an engine component (cylinder head cover), with operational checks at the end of the process. Integration of a bolting station on an existing production line.
Solution / An automated 9-spindle bolting machine.Automated bolting machine for the simultaneous assembly of 9 attachment points. In order to conform to the customer’s productivity and quality constraints, Lormac designed a complete turnkey machine comprising:
- 1 entirely automated 9 spindle bolting station
- 1 engine referencing lift
- 1 master bolting frequency calibration system
- 1 RFID chip operation counter for part sleds.
The machine’s performance levels /
- Cycle time of 24 seconds
- Simultaneous tightening of 9 attachment bolts
- Checking of 100% of torques and bolting angles