Press fitting assembly of a water pump
Automated assembly line for the industrial manufacture of a water pump. The production line comprised 4 digitally-controlled press-fit machines, component distribution and loading robots and end-of-process checking systems.
Requirement / To assemble components and check products.Assembly, press fitting and testing of a new water pump.
Solution / Automated press fitting machine.Lormac designed an automated assembly line to assemble new products. Lormac staff used their ingenuity to create an entire automated manufacturing system including :
- Automated distribution and loading of components
- Design of 4 specialised electric press fitting machines and tools
- Integration of 2 transfer robots for feeding and unloading of off-line stations
- Addition of 2 off-line automated bolting stations
- Insertion of 2 seal testing stations
- Implementation of a pallet transfer conveyor
The machine’s performance levels /
- Capacity of each press-fit machine: 50 KN
- Feedback platform designed and patented by Lormac
- 9 second cycle time
- Accuracy +/- 0.03
Since this press fitting assembly line went into operation in 2008 total down-time amounted to less than one day, proving the reliability of this solution which was entirely designed and manufactured by Lormac. Over 7 million water pumps have been produced to date with continuous production in 3 shifts.